Walking in the Shoes of your Client
One of the cornerstones of an efficient and effective Property Management Department has always been quality process and procedures. But all too often we focus solely on our business needs, and not on the needs of the client.
My own experience as a landlord, prospective tenant, vendor and prospective buyer over the past few months has further confirmed my suspicions – often we, as real estate professionals, miss the point when we focus on business improvement. We make is all about “us” and not enough about “The Client”.
If business growth and improvement is on the agenda in your business in 2019, its time to get back to basics and walk in the shoes of your client.
Consider the following ways to identify how to better serve your clients:
- When was the last time you made a property enquiry through your own or a competitor’s office? How do you rate your response time and how knowledgeable your team are?
- What are the current challenges investor buyers are facing in your current market place?
- Have you conducted any customer calls or planned surveys in the past 12 months?
- What feedback do your tenants receive following a routine inspection?
- How simple is your application process?
- Is your website easy to navigate?
These are just a few brief areas to get you started. If you want to get really clear on how to Walk in the Shoes of your Landlord & Tenant – register here for our March virtual class series.
REAL+ …for all your property management training needs