Terms & Conditions (Members)
Real Plus Services Pty Limited is the owner of this site
To access all materials, written works, literary works, programs, software, and all other content accessed through “www.realplusonline.com.au” and realplusonline.com.au/platform” (together, the “Platform”) you must agree with the Terms and Conditions of use below. Your use of the Platform indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions of the Platform are subject to change at any time and at the sole discretion of Real Plus Services Pty Ltd (‘Real Plus’).
1.1 This agreement is made between you (‘You’) as a user of the Platform accessing the Platform, including all materials, written works, literary works, programs, software, and all other content available through the Platform, and Real Plus as the owner and operator of the Platform.
1.2 You may authorize Your staff to access and use the Platform (each staff member being a separate ‘User’) for whom:
- (a) You are responsible in relation to the User’s use of the Platform and the User’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- (b) You indemnify Real Plus for any loss, damage, claims, costs or expenses arising out of the use or misuse of the Platform by a User.
1.3 This agreement constitutes the terms and conditions in respect of Your:
- (a) access to the Platform, including all materials, written works, literary works, programs, software, and all other content available through the Platform; and
- (b) use of:
- (i) educational and continuing professional development (‘CPD’) materials; and
- (ii) information management services (the ‘Services’), available to users of the Platform.
1.4 Any use of this Site by You or any User will constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Use of the site and Fees
2.1 Real Plus, at its sole discretion, will determine and publish the fees payable in relation to use of the Platform or the Services(the ‘Fees’).
2.2 The publication of Fees may be via display online at the Platform, or via any other reasonable means chosen by Real Plus
2.3 For You or any User to access and/or use the Platform or the Services You must have paid the Fees.
2.4 Unless expressly stated to the contrary in writing by Real Plus, the Fees quoted do not include any sales, goods and services, value added, customs or any other applicable government taxes or duty, the cost of which You will bear.
2.5 Your use and the User’s use of the Platform is restricted to facilitating access to the Services.
2.6 All payments must be made online by way of an acceptable credit or debit card using our secure third party online payment processor or other means as agreed in writing.
2.7 (i) Real Plus may alter its Fee structure or the rate of the Fees at any time and in its sole discretion.
(ii) As a courtesy, advanced notice of intended alterations in Fees will be announced by notice posted on the Platform.
(iii) Increases in Fees will not be retrospective from the time of the notice posted on the Platform.
(iv) Despite clause 2.7
(iii) above, any increased usage of the Platform or Services by You or any User for which a higher charge is levied by Real Plus but which increase is not immediately levied by Real Plus entitles Real Plus to retrospectively charge You the shortfall between what was paid and what should have been paid under the increased usage.
3.1 Term of Platform services is 12 months and then monthly thereafter. To terminate Real Plus services, one month written notice must be given. This is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. User Name and Password
4.1. When You request registration, Real Plus will provide login details, being a name identifying you (‘Username’) and secure access code (‘Password’), for You and for each User by sending an email to the email address You nominated during Your registration.
4.2 You or the relevant User may change the Password at any time using the facility provided on the Platform.
4.3 You or the relevant User must immediately notify Real Plus of any Password which is lost, inoperable or used in an unauthorised manner.
4.4 You and the Users:
- (i) must not allow access or use of the Platform or the Services, via your Username, that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- (ii) are responsible for exclusive use of the Platform using your Username and Password, whether or not the use is made by You or by someone else using Your Username and Password; and
- (iii) are responsible for protecting and securing Your Password from unauthorised use and You should not divulge your Password to a third party.
4.5 Real Plus is not liable for any loss, damage, claims, costs or expenses arising out of Your or a User’s the use or misuse of the Password, and You will indemnify Real Plus against all loss, damage, claims, costs or demands in this regard.
5. Links from the Platform
5.2 Real Plus has no responsibility or liability for these terms or practices or the content of such Platforms, and makes no representation or warranties about the products or services they may provide.
5.3 If You or any User chooses to access these linked sites, You and/or the User does so at their own risk. Links do not imply that by Real Plus sponsors, endorses, or is affiliated with or associated with such Platforms.
5.4 Real Plus is not liable for any loss, damage, claims, costs or expenses arising out of You or any User accessing another Platform, and You and the User will indemnify Real Plus against all loss, damage, claims, costs or demands in this regard.
6.1. The results of all assessments from educational activities You or any Users undertake on the Platform will:
- (i) be made available to You and to Real Plus employees and contractors for the purposes of providing Services to You; and
- (ii) not be made available to any Government or regulatory body (unless required by law to be so provided) without Your express written consent.
6.2 Data and information You and the Users enter into the Platform is the property of Real Plus and, subject to clause 5.1, may be used by Real Plus in its absolute discretion.
7. Intellectual Property
7.1. Intellectual property:
- (i) of any kind including, without limitation, all trade marks, goodwill, copyright, moral rights, get-up, designs and all other such property; and
- (ii) whether registered, unregistered, legal, equitable, inchoate or otherwise,
in the Platform and the Services, is:
- (iii) unless otherwise indicated in writing owned by Real Plus; and
- (iv) You acknowledge that You have no claim, interest, right, title or expectation to any of that property.
7.2. All unauthorised copying, downloading, reproduction, distribution adaptation, modification or other communication of any materials, written works, literary works, programs, software, and all other content of the Platform is prohibited.
7.3 You and the Users acknowledge that breaching these Terms and Conditions may infringe not only the rights of Real Plus, but also the rights of third parties. Without limiting any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, You and each User agree to indemnify Real Plus in respect of:
- (i) any loss, damage, injury or outgoing it suffers due to the breach of these Terms and Conditions; and
- (ii) all claims, demands, requests and proceedings brought by third parties (including all legal fees and interest) arising out of or in relation to Your or a User’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
8. Presentations, Warranties and Disclaimer
8.1 The information and other material contained (whether visual, written, audible, binary, electronic or others) in the Platform and the Services (the ‘Owned Content’) is offered ‘as is’ and in relation to the Owned Content Real Plus makes no representations or warranties of any kind whether expressed, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non infringement or the presence or absence of defects or errors.
8.2 The Owned Content is subject to change at any time without notice.
8.3 The Platform and the Services are provided for education and training purposes only and are not intended to be, or as a substitute for, advice.
8.4 Real Plus:
- (i) will use all reasonable endeavors to provide current and accurate information, however the Platform and the Services may contain errors;
- (ii) does not represent that the Owned Content is current, accurate or complete, or that it is appropriate for Your or the User’s specific requirements;
- (iii) does not accept any liability from any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice), which is provided on the Platform, any web site linked from it, the Services or the Owned Content.
8.5 Real Plus cannot guarantee the safety of Your or the User’s computer systems including all hardware, software, networks, servers or any other component of such computing tools and You and each User release Real Plus from all liability or claim for any loss or corruption of electronically stored data or any damage to any computer system sustained in connection with the use of the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content.
8.6 You and each User acknowledge You and the employees enter and use the Platform, the Services and the Owned Content at their own risk.
Despite any other clause of these Terms and Conditions:
- (a) Real Plus’s liability, and the liability of its related bodies corporate, for any loss, damage, claim, expense, debt or outgoing arising out of or in connection with access or use of the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content – whether individually or aggregated – will be limited to an amount equal to Your Fees for the financial year in which You first notify Real Plus of the loss, damage, claim, expense, debt or outgoing; and
- (b) Real Plus and its related bodies corporate will not in any case be liable for any direct or indirect lost profit, loss of revenue, loss or corruption of electronically stored data or, without limiting the foregoing, any indirect, consequential or special damages howsoever described or claimed, arising out of or in connection with these the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content.
You and each User will indemnify Real Plus in respect of all loss, damage, costs, expenses (including legal fees – whether on a party basis or on an indemnity basis – and interest), fines, penalties, claims, demands and proceedings howsoever arising, whether at law (including negligence), in equity, under statute or in connection with any of the following:
- (a) any breach of these Terms and Conditions by You or any Employee;
- (b) Your use of the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content; or
- (c) without limiting the foregoing, any claim that the use of the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content or any material You or any User submits to the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content that infringes the rights of any person (including without limitation intellectual property rights, rights in respect of privacy, defamation, confidentiality, breach of contract and other personal and proprietary rights).
11. Prohibited Uses
11.1 In using the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content You and each User must not:
- (a) engage in marketing or commercial promotion of products or services;
- (b) impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- (c) defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- (d) post, link to, or otherwise communicate or distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information, or otherwise use the Site in a manner which is unlawful or would infringe the rights of another person; or
- (e) post, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, material or item which contains a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component
12.1 This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia.
12.2 The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, their performance and subject matter.
13.1 You may serve a notice on Real Plus for the purposes of this agreement by sending an email to the email account (as registered with “auDA”) of the administrator of the Platform.
13.2 Real Plus may serve a notice on You or any User by sending it to Your email address provided to Real Plus in Your registration process.
13.3 Notices will be deemed to have been served one hour after transmission by email in accordance with this clause 12.
14. Changes to the User Agreement
14.1 Real Plus may add, remove or change the provisions of this agreement from time to time.
14.2 All changes will be notified to you by being posted on the Platform.
14.3 It is Your and the User’s responsibility to refer to these additions and changes.
14.4 Changes will come into effect immediately on being posted on the Platform and You or the Users will be deemed to have accepted the change if You or the User (respectively) continue to access the Platform after that time.
14.5 If You or the Users do not wish to accept the change the agreement must be terminated before further use of the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content.
15. Advertising Material
15.1 Advertising, sponsorship and other commercial promotions from third parties may appear on the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content. Such materials may include links to other Platforms operated by advertisers and other third parties. Those parties are responsible for ensuring that such Platforms comply with all relevant local laws and regulations.
15.2 To the extent permissible by law Real Plus disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such material or its failure to comply with the relevant laws or regulations.
16.1 Each party will promptly execute all documents (if any) and do all things that the other party reasonably requires of it to give effect to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
16.2 The failure of any party to insist upon a strict performance of any of these Terms and Conditions will not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default in these Terms and Conditions.
16.3 If any provision in this agreement is held to be illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
16.4 You or the Users are not permitted to assign any of rights, benefits or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without the express written consent of Real Plus.
16.5 This document embodies the entire understanding and agreement between the parties as to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes all prior communications and agreements between the parties as to its subject matter. Each party agrees that unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, that party has not relied on any representation, warranty or undertaking of any kind in relation to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
16.6 Headings have been included in these Terms and Conditions for convenience only and are not considered part of, or be used in interpreting, these Terms and Conditions.
- 1. Collecting Information
Real Plus use information that You or Users provide about themselves as well as information that is collected from the Learning Management System (LMS) and web-hosting software used to operate the Platform.
- 2. Information provided by users
Like most online organisations Real Plus gathers and tracks information that You or the Users provide through registration and subsequent access to the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content.
- 3. Information collected from the LMS and web-hosting software
The information gathered from the LMS assists in offering the most appropriate Platform functions for the user. The LMS automatically identifies You and Users as they login and records their use of the Platform. Information collected includes the identity of the user; the date and time when a user logs in to the site; the places on the Platform a user visits while logged in; the courses and activities a user participates in and the activity undertaken as part of those courses. Real Plus also collect aggregated anonymous information about Platform usage. Collecting aggregated information about overall patterns of the Platform use allows us to modify and improve the Platform, the Services and the Owned Content to best serve your professional development requirements.
- 4. Information Storage
Information You or the Users provide to Real Plus and information concerning Your or the User’s use of the Platform, the Services or the Owned Content may be held at Real Plus’ offices. You and the Users have the right of access to, and correction of personal information held by Real Plus, but not the right to withdraw that information from Real Plus. If You or the Users wish to know what information Real Plus hold about you, please e-mail Real Plus using the online contact form or postal addresses detailed under Contact Us.
- 5. Disclosures we might make
Real Plus will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law such as might occur in response to a court order or in response to a request by a law enforcement agency. With your permission, or at your request, we may disclose information we maintain to your accrediting agency for the purposes of providing a summary of your activities. Summaries DO NOT include test scores or other detailed assessment related information which is always held confidentially.
- 6. Promotional Mail
Unless You or the Users have otherwise indicated on your personal profile we may, from time to time, email You or the User information on selected products and services that may be of interest to you as a real estate professional. You or the Users may opt out of receiving this information by unsubscribing to email newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in all email.
- 7. Future Changes
18. Delivery Policy
- 18.1 Physical good
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. We will attempt to send your goods via Australia Post within 7 working days; however if goods are unavailable delivery will take a little longer. If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at email@example.com.
- 18.2 Digital Delivery
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. We will attempt to send your software/license/access code via email within 2 working days.
If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.